- To work on challenging projects with interesting people
- To develop products which clients enjoy using
- To work in an environment where culture and teamwork are important
- Factory Girl
Servers and Deployment
- Ubuntu VPS
- Ruby on Rails
- Interbase Embarcadero
Sites Contributed to (Project Management/Development)
Healthcare Blocks, Inc. Independent Consultant / Project Manager [2014-present]
Healthcare Blocks is a cloud-based application platform, designed to eliminate the burden of infrastructure management and system maintenance so that healthcare technology organizations can focus on product development. Our specially-designed technology automates and enforces many of the requirements mandated under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), enabling developers and engineers to focus on features and functionality, rather than regulatory compliance.
Webficient, LLC Director of Development [2013-present]
We specialize in greenfield apps, cloud-based solutions, and prototype development. Our capabilities span Web and Mobile; we work with Ruby on Rails and Apple iOS.
In the short timeframe of one year, I have successfully managed 10+ projects providing resource management, feature deliveries and providing architectural descisions balancing between client needs and development requirements.
NuGuava Technologies, LLC Technology Lead [2009-2013]
Consultancy and SAAS provider for B2C consumer satisfaction. NuGuava creates a unique survey for each consumer and provides continuous feedback for each client with dynamic statistical sampling and methodology, tying consumer satisfaction directly to business outcomes.
Avatar International, LLC President, Information Technology [1997-2009]
Industry leader in providing quality improvement services to Healthcare Systems as well as Hospitals, Physician Groups, and other healthcare entities of all sizes throughout the US.
- Planned, designed, and developed software to collect multilingual consumer feedback for the healthcare industry.
- Responsible for leadership, management, and planning of all IT projects and infrastructure.
- Developed desktop applications including in-house utilities to process non- standardized client files and to produce paper and online surveys.
- Created dynamic web-based reporting system for clients based on statistical analysis (including Rasch analysis) ImprovingCare.
- Ensured HIPPA-compliancy for physical and network infrastructure, servers, backup, security appliances, and firewalls. Met all processing requirements for hospital accreditation and reimbursement.
- In addition to IT responsibilities, conducted on-site marketing presentations, process improvement consultations, and presented at annual user conferences.
Avatar International, Inc Senior Systems Analyst [1995-1997]
Developed 360-degree organizational feedback system using Delphi and Oracle. Built IT department and infrastructure from the ground up, including network, hardware purchasing and integration, employee remote access, software and licensing management, all technical support and in-house training.
Telecommunications Associates Software Engineer [1994-1995]
Implemented a distributable MS Access application for renting cell tower space and the associated accounting.
1995 - B.S. Computer Science LaGrange College, GA - summa cum laude
1993 - B.S. Mathematics LaGrange College, GA - summa cum laude
1992 - Coursework Electrical & Aeronautical Engineering Georgia Tech, GA